Flock came up fairly quickly and without much discussions as a replacement for FUDCon in NA. I wasn’t quite sure what to expect and from my own experiences and talking to others, it so far hasn’t turned out to be much different from FUDCon’s in the past. There are a few differences worth mentioning however
* Sessions were recorded, slides were posted consistently and transcriptions are available for most talks. I would like have preferred the recordings to be professionally but this is much better than before.
* Way too many parallel sessions and many sessions had very few people attending which was a real disappointment personally.
* Handing out a food card was a nice touch and allowed more flexibility and combined with a place with a lot of different restaurants, it was a great deal.
* There were a number of interesting sessions including the future of Fedora ones by a few different people but I would preferred a more curated level of content.
* Social events turned to be the real highlight allowing people to have many relevant ad-hoc conversations.
Thanks to all the different sponsors including Red Hat for taking care of all the expenses including my travel and stay.